Are there rules for e-mail writing?
Email Writing Tips
It is all too easy to make errors when writing and sending emails. We have all heard horror stories about employees accidentally sending angry emails about their boss, to the boss, as well as stories about emails full of spelling and grammatical errors and misleading information. Here are some tips to make sure that your emails don’t land you in hot water.
- Write a meaningful subject line.
- Keep the message focused and readable.
- Avoid attachments.
- Identify yourself clearly.
- Be kind — don't flame.
- Don't assume privacy.
- Distinguish between formal and informal situations.
- Respond Promptly.
- Show Respect and Restraint.