You’ve heard you are what you eat, well we believe that you are what you read. Teach a CEO presents lessons from our bookshelf on how you can improve and grow your venture. We have taken nuggets from our library and provide them for entrepreneurs and business owners.
- When you are in Flow with others, you use dynamic energy, skills, and awareness to shift from any negative or destructive mind-set and feeling you may have to more positive and supportive ones. (Conscious Choosing for Flow)
- The mind is the builder. Thought is the parent to the deed in every aspect of our life experiences. (Thinking Anew)
- We can’t control what life throws our way, but we an control how we react to it. As we do, maybe we come closer to a meaningful life than any plan could ever take us. (The Art of Work)
- Overworked employees do not perform at their best. (Revelations Incorporated)
- What defines a successful life is legacy–what we leave behind; what we pass on to others. (The Power of Legacy)
- You can easily tell when someone has a business mind. Someone who has their business mind switched to “on” typically works with passion and purpose. They are fully present and love their work. (The Four Intelligences of the Business Mind)
- Instead of waiting for an order for the next steps to take, an empowered employee briefly reports to his manager with sufficiently complete information and rationale for the action he intends to take. (Turn Your Ship Around!)
- The truth is that most important relationship, with the most profound impact on our lives, i the relationship we have with our self. (The Inner Matrix)
- We can create Flow in any area of our lives that we choose to if we decide what it is that we truly want, as well as what it will take to accomplish that goal. (Conscious Choosing for Flow)
- The truth is, we need to find out absolutely what we DON’T want, before we can discover, and focus upon what we DO want! (Thinking Anew)
- We often think of a calling as something that comes to us, an epiphany that arrives when we least expect it. But the truth is, in some ways, it’s already come. You already have some sense of what you’re supposed to do with your life, even if you aren’t sure what it is. (The Art of Work)
- Life is a river of struggles dotted with occasional triumphs. Each of us is given a unique set of circumstances and challenges (including some of our own making) to navigate down our life’s journey. (The Power of Legacy)
- The best risk you can take is on a new idea. (The Four Intelligences of the Business Mind)
- The first step to transcending our emotional state is becoming sensitive to our feelings and being able to identify and acknowledge what emotion is actually present within us in any given situation. (The Inner Matrix)
- So, what determines which perspective you latch onto? It’s your choice which perspective you take and what feelings you generate within yourself. You are responsible for how you view others, the feelings you create in yourself, and the actions you decide to take or not. Your perspectives make up your attitudes about yourself, other people and situations. (Conscious Choosing for Flow)
- The risk of not committing is greater than the cost of making the wrong choice. Because when you fail, you learn. But what happens when you don’t commit, when you choose to not act? Well nothing. When you pause without intent, when you stall due to fear, you don’t learn a thing. (The Art of Work)
- Belief produces the manifestation of things we believe in to come into our experience, or not. (Thinking Anew)
- …business people in general must change their perspective toward the world. They must realize that humanity, nature, and the universal forces of truth and compassion must come first before their own desires. (Revelations Incorporated)
- When we are in a state of fear, we only see our circumstances through the filters of the amygdala and the reptilian brain. As a result, we cannot see clearly what is actually in front of us. (The Inner Matrix)
- Trusting people does not mean you have to agree with them. Not agreeing with people does not mean you do not trust them. (Turn Your Ship Around!)
- Trusting someone means that you have faith and belief in four things: Their ability to d what they say they will do; Their commitment to follow through; Positive motivation behind their actions; A level of communication that will for you. (Conscious Choosing for Flow)
- One of the most important tools you can use to access your business mind, as well as the business mind of everyone else you deal with, is to focus on the reward. Create “win-win” solutions for your company, customers, and partners. (The Four Intelligences of the Business Mind)
- A pivot is powerful because it takes away all of your excuses. It puts you back in control of the game you’re playing. Pivoting isn’t plan B; it’s part of the process. Unexpected things will happen; setbacks do occur. Whether or not you’re prepared to pivot will affect how well you weather those storms and find a way to survive. (The Art of Work)
- I believe when you can complete a task, that give you some value. Whether it’s kids, adults, no matter who you are, it doesn’t matter–the secret is: Don’t give up. (The Power of Legacy)
- All positive thinking processes include being grateful for who we are, what we’ve got, and what we have been saved from (usually an unknown area). We must cultivate the habit of thinking more positively and reframing the negative. (Thinking Anew)
- Until our mind is well-trained, emotions will trump our thoughts every single time. It is not even a fair fight. (The Inner Matrix)
- Your feelings are indicators within your body that you have a need that is (or is not) being satisfied. Your human needs and your human feelings are inextricably linked. You feel happy when your needs are satisfied. You feel upset or annoyed when they are not. (Conscious Choosing for Flow)
- A true leader invokes loyalty–in and of itself a fear worthy of respect. (The Power of Legacy)
- Because in the end, success isn’t so much what you do with your life; it’s what you leave behind. Which may be what a calling is all about: leaving a legacy that matters. (The Art of Work)
- Most of us live our lives in an unconscious state, unaware of our thoughts, the effect those thoughts have on us, and how the thoughts are directing and creating our lives. As we learn to become mindful of what we are thinking, we step into a place of awareness, moving out of unconscious thinking. That is, we evolve beyond the state where our minds are thinking us. (The Inner Matrix)
- Your mind is essentially a window of possibilities. It can be creative an innovative, but sometimes it fogs up and must be cleaned by clearing out old views and replacing them with fresh ones. (The Four Intelligences of the Business Mind)
- Take deliberate action is the single most powerful mechanism your organization can implement for successfully reducing mistakes and achieving operational excellence. (Turn Your Ship Around!)
- If a company can do something cheaper, than they will, no matter what. (Revelations Incorporated)
(Descriptions from Amazon.com)
Conscious Choosing for Flow: Transforming Conflict Into Creativity – Whether it’s a minor argument or a long-lasting dispute, conflict is an unavoidable reality of working and interacting with others. But while you’ll find countless books on how to manage or negotiate conflict in the workplace, the real key is learning how to transform it—consciously taking the destructive tension of disconnection and, in the moment, choosing to turn it into something dynamic and creative. This is the process of creating flow: a positive, forward-moving energy that bolsters human connections and enhances your results. And it starts with recognizing the real reasons that conflicts and disconnections occur—the needs and feelings that remain unacknowledged or unsatisfied.
Thinking Anew: Harnessing the Power of Belief – Thinking Anew is the perfect gift for someone going through hard times. You can give this gift to yourself or empower someone else who’s struggling to get what they want. You don’t get the chance to begin life anew very often. Using the power of writing to become what you are meant to be is not about grammar, spelling or polished writing. This is a gripping, private, non-judgmental approach to personal transformation. You will learn how to clarify what you don’t want so you will know what you do want. You will learn to unwind, untangle and challenge the beliefs that are holding you back. You will learn to create doable aspirations and capture the creative thoughts that bubble up within you during this process.
The Power of Legacy – Prepare yourself for a journey, because you’re about to meet some of our nation’s most successful people–and those who made them who they are. What defines a successful life? Legacy–what we leave behind; what we pass on to others. There are Heroes Among Us Who Have Become an Inspiration to Us All.
The Inner Matrix: A Guide to Transforming Your Life and Awakening Your Spirit – The Inner Matrix illuminates a proven approach to living a truly rich and meaningful life – one more deeply connected to spirit. Marrying the ancient wisdom traditions of East and West with the latest science in genetics, psychology, and brain function, Klein provides a cutting-edge system to transform your life by shifting deep mental, emotional, and physical patterns that create stress and limit your success. Those engaging Klein’s Conscious Transformation™ practices routinely experience: reduced stress, increased focus,higher emotional intelligence, improved health and well-being, enhanced connection to spirit. Included is a nine-week strategy guide to assimilate the practices of Conscious Transformation™ into your daily life.
The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do – The path to your life’s work is difficult and risky, even scary, which is why few finish the journey. This is a book about discovering your life’s work, that treasure of immeasurable worth we all long for. It’s about the task you were born to do. As Jeff Goins explains, the search begins with passion but does not end there. Only when our interests connect with the needs of the world do we begin living for a larger purpose. Those who experience this intersection experience something exceptional and enviable. Though it is rare, such a life is attainable by anyone brave enough to try.
The Four Intelligences of the Business Mind: How to Rewire Your Brain and Your Business for Success – “The Four Intelligences of the Business Mind” offers practical strategies for business transformation, based on research from organizational psychology, neuroscience, business analytics, and multiple intelligences theory. Valeh Nazemoff, a strategic business technology advisor, reveals four different but interrelated types of intelligence essential to today’s executive: financial, customer, data, and mastermind intelligence. Knowledge of these transformational intelligences will benefit anyone from individual leaders up through entire organizations.
Revelations Incorporated: The Disturbing Truth of the Business World and Workplace Culture – Ever wonder how business really operates? Why Management makes the decisions that it does? How do some people get away with bad behavior at work while others don’t? Well the answer is that Business is a sociopathic beast. Virtually everyone working in business knows it, but few individuals are willing to admit it, and even fewer are willing to discuss it. This is the “elephant in the room” for every company & corporation, no matter what industry they operate within. Dealing with these scenarios can be extremely difficult and stressful if an individual is unprepared. That is where this book can help. This book is a guide to the truth of many business topics that are rarely discussed in training programs or school/college textbooks. It takes an objective look at the illusions that are perpetuated by companies and corporations, and the reality behind them. It also offers many techniques to deal with these scenarios, and provides the insight needed to see through the self-serving motivations of those activities.
Turn Your Ship Around!: A Workbook for Implementing Intent-Based Leadership in Your Organization – A companion workbook filled with practical advice, tools and lessons based on the acclaimed leadership book, Turn The Ship Around! by David Marquet. In Turn the Ship Around! former U.S. Navy Captain David Marquet introduced a bold new approach to leadership, based on his experiences turning around the troubled submarine USSSanta Fe. He gave up the traditional command-and-control model and instead inspired his crew to assume responsibility for every individual action. Santa Fe rapidly improved its dismal performance record, and started winning awards as the best ship in its class.